Rhinebeck NY Pics

JohnD1956

For your viewing pleasure, here are some cars I took pictures of at rhinebeck May 7th. All of these, except this one, were in the car coral because this was the only Buick I saw on the show field.

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_036.jpg

Saturday was the day for hot rods and customs and I couldn't get back on Sunday for the antiques, but these cars for sale were fun too.

Although a skylark, this one was near and dear to me as I once owned a white 66 Gran sport.

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_014.jpg

But this one was Hot. Luis soto's 63 W cat with factory air, tilt wheel and a 4 speed with buckets and console.

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_011.jpg

And did I forget to mention the 425 dual 4's on this black beauty?

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_009.jpg

Sporting a 5 figure price, this 70 W cat also carried a "sold " sign

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_012.jpg

This 34 was looking for a good home.

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_027.jpg

And Zonda,I know I shouldn't show you this but check out this 38 special

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_006.jpg

Mr. Earl, while not exactly a Roadmaster, it's still driveable

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_013.jpg

And in the category of what not to do...

I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there when my brother on the left there shouted out "Oh my God. I'm so sick of this! Whats wrong with these people! It's got a f--king chevy motor".

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_028.jpg

Of course this was bad but not as bad as this lovely dealer's for sale project

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_022.jpg

Notice a little too much shine under the hood? Check this out!

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_019.jpg

Another tense moment for Bro who said, " you'd think he'd at least clean the grease off before painting that power steering pump, wouldn't you!"

Yes, it was grand time.

The touring was fun as well. Even though there were only six of us, it still feels like a million bucks to be riding with a line of old Buicks! I highly recommend it for everyone.

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_043.jpg

One last thing, if you should find yourself spending too much time mowing the grass, try ordering up one of these.

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_033.jpg

Oh yeah, It's got a F--king chevy motor too!

John, great to see these photos! That '70 Wildcat convertible looks pretty sharp, and it's a low production model that would make a great tour car.

And it's always fun to see one of the '63 Wildcat 4-door hardtops with the factory buckets and operating console.

You're right about another thing. There are few things that are more fun than rolling along the highway with a group of old Buicks.

Guest ZondaC12

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

my god!!! what was that guy thinking with the yellow side grilles? and the wheels too!!! contrary to alot of people my age, i dont think that looks cool at all. you can bet thats NOT happening to mine. the bumpers even gone too! and the runningboards and even the LIGHTS??? (that wouldnt make sense on any car) you HAVE to have that stuff on there, it just completes the look.

BTW i might have it flatbedded home this weekend!!!!

also that lawn tractor is awesome!!! i want one.

Glad to hear it. Although that car was still pretty nice, once it is modified, then it is done.

Lets see some pictures BEFORE and AFTER you wash the car when it gets home.

Good luck

JD

Guest imported_MrEarl

11481tn_Rhinebeck_May_7_2005_013.jpg

Dang it if somebody wants white over red over white then why don't they buy a 55. There was a 54 at Plano just like this one that won a bronze I think it was. To me when you've changed the color to that extent then you've customized / modified the car. Which is fine and dandy mind ya but 54's were not of that color scheme.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread with my ranting.

Thanks for all the photos. Looked like a fun day. I'll try and take some at the BOP in 'bama Saturday and post in the Events Forum.

Guest imported_Thriller

Cool photos...from the first time I laid eyes on a '70 Wildcat, I've wanted one. A big ol' classy car with a 455...oh yeah baby...dang...gotta wipe the drool off the keyboard again cool.gifsmirk.gif Of course, a '76 Century Pace Car would probably help to ease that itch for a "modern" car grin.gif

Mr. Earl, I agree with you regarding the '54's color scheme, and here's another thing that bugs me whenever I see it. I've seen several '54 - '56 Buick photos where the car has been finished in a two tone scheme like the '54. And, like the '54 shown, the area behind the rear wheel opening and below the trailing end of the sweep spear is finished in the upper body color rather than the lower body color. I was dismayed to see that even Jay Leno's '55 Roadmaster is painted this way rather than carrying the two-toning scheme to the rear portion of the rear quarters.

62car1.jpg

62car2.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

YEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES, MY EYES!!!!! Battery acid in them wouldn't have hurt that bad...

While I appreciate Leno's appreciaton of a Buick and I don't doubt the fact that it has probably had a positive impact on popularity of the mid fifties Buicks, I didn't appreciate his pulling the heart out of it and replacing it with that "other GM" engine. The engine/heart of the car, is where modifications and customizing stop with me.

Again I feel like we've hijacked JohnD's thread but I think this is interesting enough to carry on so lets take it to the Collectable Tech and Restoration forum

Guest sintid58

That 69 Electra was on ebay awhile back and several Buick people sent him messages about why in the world someone would take out a Buick engine and stick in a Chuvy. He had a real attitude about it. He needs to take it to Chuvy only show and sell it but then again with his attitude I hope he eats it.

Guest sintid58

While I am ranting among the clown with the 69 Electra's comments on why he would put in a chuvy motor were more torque, (yeah right SB chuvy versus 430) smoother running and better gas mileage. I had 69 electra with a 430 in it and got 21-22 mpg at 75-80 mph. Never in my life had a sb chuvy that would do that.

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to hear it. Although that car was still pretty nice, once it is modified, then it is done.

Lets see some pictures BEFORE and AFTER you wash the car when it gets home.

Good luck

JD </div></div>

yeah! thats definitely a good idea, to get pics before and after getting the dust off of it.