1991 OEM Reatta Wheels & Caps

TRog

you are looking for nearly-impossible-to-find items. we sold our last nice set of wheels a few months back. these were wheels only, not the caps.

here is the problem: there were not that many wheels or center caps made for parts distribution...in other words, the vast majority were put on the cars when they were built, and very few were saved for sale thru the parts departments. the wheels were a one-year only item, available only in 1991

(and in white on the 1990 Select Sixty, of which only 65 were made) I have been told by a GM rep that there were only 200 center caps put into the parts distribution system, total.

at this point, the only person I know that has any center caps left is Speedway Automotive (602/276-0090) and they are $179 each.

Mike, buickreattaparts.com

Guest F14CRAZY

Mike: on ebay I once saw a '91 convertible in black with black wheels (with the round holes). Is it factory?

Sorry about the other day on the phone. My dad wanted me to get some gas for the grill. But dinner was good

that particular car was originally for sale by a Lexus dealer (on Autotrader) in Cleveland last year, and was sold to someone in Florida, who then (I believe) resold it again. the wheel and center cap was painted black, and just the rim of the wheel was polished.

I suspect this was not factory, but in light of things we have seen, can't say for sure. if I remember correctly, this was one of the 46 GM executive-driven convertibles.

Mike

Guest F14CRAZY

Yeah, that's what the auction said (with the GM executives). It looked pretty slick in black.

• 2 weeks later...