WHO OUT THERE OWNS

Guest AWBE

a 1955-76R. Mine is the only one I have seen in person. AKBuickman has one I have seen a picture of and the Hemmings Magazine about Buiks has one on the cover. Surely there are more than that. Please reply to this post if you have one and say what the color is.

there used to be In the atlanta area..belonged to Gary Klecka..foremally from Chicago...try the BCA website for the Ga chapter BCA// You may fing it and him on their roster,,I have not seen or talked to Gary in apx 23 years or so..JIm Keenan

Guest Shaffer

What is a 76R? Special, Century, Roadmaster, and there is another I can never remember. My grandfather has a 1955 Buick Special Riviera 4-door hardtop sedan. Is that the 76R?

The 1955 Model 76R is the Roadmaster 2-door Riviera.<P>One of my Buick Club friends -- Jack and Lynette Saylor of Lake Stevens, WA -- has just acquired a beautiful, correct restoration of a 1955 76R from an individual in Everett, WA. This car came to the Northwest from the California desert in the early 1990's.<P>The car has been refinished in its original paint scheme, which is a solid white body with a black roof.<P>The Saylors plan to drive the 1955 76R to Flint next year with our Seattle caravan, joining Gary Klecka's 1955 76R. Gary will be driving down from Alaska to join us in Seattle for the trip.

Is Gary Klecka AKBuickman? He's from Alaska and has a beautiful Red and white 76 R. For the question what is a 76R---46R is a Special Riviera; 56R is a Super Rivira: 66R is a Century Rivira (special with Roadmaster engine); and 76R is a Roadbastard Riviera.

Guest Shaffer

OK. Thanks. Am I correct that only the Special and Century was the only one available with the hardtop Riviera 4dr? I think the 4dr Super and Roadmaster was only a 4-door sedan (as well as the 2drs and convertible) until 1956?

A true 4 hole Roady Riviera hardtop coupe, 2 door.The 1955 76R or 55-4737 H.T. Coupe -6 passenger was shipped at 4270 lbs. <BR>The Buick people produced 28,071 of these fine autos. Where are they all know?

AWBE;<BR>Yes, I'am Gary Klecka, previously from the Chicago area, then Seattle, now Alaska. I've been in contact with you in the past. I own the Temple Grey/Cherokee Red 76R you've seen photos of. <BR>Hey, Jim Keenan, It's great to know you are still around! Do you still own your '41? Are you planning to be at the 2003 BCA Meet? I migrated up here to the "Last Frontier," driving my '55 Roadmaster up here.<P>AK Buickman, BCA #1955

Hi Shaffer;<BR>I still own my '72 Electra, and still drive the car all year long. Everytime that I get behind the wheel of the car, it is a thrill to drive. <BR>The biggest problem with my '72 Electra, after putting on over 30,000 miles in the past 3 years, has been the black plastic inserts glued into the factory side protective moldings get loose each year. I have to reglue the very ends of some of these narrow plastic strips. The side moldings never get loose since they are held on with clips; only the narrow inserts get loose at the ends. Other than that, the car has been dependable.<P>AK Buickman.........

Hi Joe--<BR>The last large BCA meet that I was able to attend was the 1996 Regional Show in Holland, Michigan, driving the Bamboo Cream 1970 Electra 4-dr hardtop.<BR>I am definitely planning to attend the 2003 BCA Meet in Flint, and, for sentimental reasons, drive the same Buick that I drove to the 1971 BCA Meet in Flint; my 1955 Roadmaster 76R. Meeting old friends again will be great!! Too bad we can't park our cars overnight in the old downtown Flint Buick dealer like we did in 1971. It was fun to pull into that building since it seemed that the clock was turned back to the 1950's; especially when my '55 was parked right alongside the showroom window!<BR>See you there!<P>Gary.......

• 1 month later...

Jim Keenan,

I'll see you in Flint!

My Dad is fine, and will also be in Flint, 2003. Since my Dad still owns the same 1930 Model A Town Sedan, we may also visit Dearborn, Mich after Flint.

Jim; you've owned your '41 for at least as long as I have owned my '55--possibly longer. I recall that your '41 was on display at the Chicagoland Chapter's very first car show in 1971. The NEWEST Buicks on display that day were 1955 models--my '55 Roadmaster and the beautiful black/white '55 Special 4-dr hardtop owned by John ????????? I remember feeling out of place since I was displaying a "new" 1955 car! How BCA shows have changed!

Gary......