Comments and Suggestions wanted!

BubbaWee

Hello all you classic Buick owners! I am a Buick owner also, but the only thing is that my car isn't a classic Buick, yet. I was interested in modifying my 1979 Electra Park Avenue 6.6L 403 HP engine into a high performance sports sudan. So if anyone has an comments or suggestions, please reply to this post or send me a message. Please feel free to express your views on this matter.

It seems to me, what degree of performance vs. comfort do you want? I would suggest you post on the Performamce Group Forum and also you may want to reference the posts there by BPQuick (hope I have that right, but just look for the most read post).

I am not a performance guy myself, beyond my stock Riviera, and that is fast enough, but there must be some poeple who can give you some guidance. Maybe everyone is out enjoying a nice spring Sunday, and you will see more later.

John

Keep in mind that some states require original smog equipment to be present in order to get a current inspection sticker. If you are in one of those states, your performance car will not be too fast sitting in your driveway.

If not, I heard the 403 motor was pretty good for guts already. Perhaps you'd want to look into beefing up the transmission and swapping in some higher performance real axle gears. Not sure what is available for the BOP carrier in those years, but you may be able to swap in a station wagon rear axle carrier from a similar generation car with a towing package. Presumably they have a higher ratio gear set.

JD