marvel mystery oil

tc11003

Guest F14CRAZY

We've used it in the fuel a few times, both in gas and diesel engines. Didn't feel a difference but we didn't have any problems to start with. We guess it's supposed to clear out the fuel lines etc, and lubricate the diesel injector pump.

Guest imported_barra

I've used it in gasoline engines and like F14 I noticed any remarkable change. A mechanic commented that nothing chemical is going to solve a problem that is mechanical. I've been using Lucas products gasoline additive which is a top cylinder lubricant and injector cleaner without being a solvent- if that makes any sense. The oil product is a viscosifier and raises the oil pressure while leaving lubricant on the top of the cylinders. Judging from the extra dirty appearing oil that drained out, it also cleans out any built up sludge.

Guest F14CRAZY

I have used Techron synthetic fuel additive (in a bottle) because the Explorer guys say that it does indeed make a difference. I don't clock MPG and it ain't important to me anyway.

It does make sense to have clean fuel lines, injectors, etc though.

I sometimes use Sea Foam in the engine oil 50 miles or so before an oil change as a detergent for crud. That does work as barra says about mystery oil; it was a lot dirtier. I have used it through a vacuum line for top end cleaning too (with all the smoke it makes, its gotta work)

My father swears by MM Oil, but I had my doubts for a while. I asked a friend of mine that is kind of a technical advisor to me, I don't think I've ever asked him about something that he didn't know. Anyway, marvel mystery oil uses peppermint oil as the main ingredient, and is a rare / pricey lubricant. As far as I remember, it is also a solvent, so for years, it was the best way to clean the gunk out of your fuel, oil, or tranny system. In recent years however, with all of the obvious advances in the field of chemistry, there are better products that are created specifically for the different systems of the car. I swear by lucas for tranny problems, I use both stp and seafoam for my fuel additive (every trucker on this earth uses seafoam, or atleast that's what I'm told), for my oil, I first used a product called cd2 that is an oil detergent, and now I just use castrol gtx because it has the most and best additives out of any oil available, and in my cooling system, I use a product called redline water wetter, it is a lubricant so that your water pump's lifespan is increased, and it allows your water / antifreeze mix to stay 20 degrees cooler than if it were just straight water. Hope this is what you were asking.