1956 Buick Special parts wanted

xschx

Does anyone know if anyone has produced a replacement gas tank? I have looked and can't find one. I either have to buy one or find someone to clean all the rust from the inside of the one i have. I also need an engine rebuild kit or someone in Connecticut who can rebuild them. I would like to do it myself to save money and the pride of doing it yourself, but without a garage to do it in its no fun. A new radiator wouldn't hurt either. Any info on places or if you have parts for sale let me know. thanks.

Are you lookong for a complete rebuild kit (pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, etc.) or the complete engine rebuilt? I'm doing two nailheads at this moment for a customer in Massachusetts. I believe you have a 264 C.I. in the Special. I actually have a complete core in stock for that car. Contact me at "The Performance Engine Shop" on Long Island in N.Y. Phone 631-884-FAST(3278).

Thanks, Gary. [color:\\"red\\"]

Guest imported_Thriller

A '56 Special has a 322 ci V8.

I've never dealt with them, but Classic Buicks has a bunch of stuff. There is also Kanter, which has engine kits and a wide variety of other stuff (can be a bit pricey though) and The Buick Farm, which has a wide variety of NOS parts.

Good luck. If you decide you want a parts car, I may be able to provide you with one.

Guest edmundsmith

I have a radiator that is already rebuilt and in excellent condition. It is out of a roadmaster so it has 3 cores (upgrade) Top can has no dents, the cooling fins are all straight and is painted to show quality. Let me know if your interested. megeannsmith@juno.com I also have other misc. 56 parts

An additional tip, if the top and bottom cans are good on your radiator

any good local radiator shop cane replace the core for about 150.00

bucks. If you buy new one it runs around 300 bucks plus shipping.

Always try local retailers first for parts. cool.gif Loren

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all who responded. i never know when people do because my settings were set to no for some reason. then i always lose track of my posts to read the responses. i changed it now. thanks for again for responding. i am always looking for 56 parts as i find i need new or missing items all the time.