Car Cover - 70 Electra

BigFella

Does antone know where I could get a good car cover for a 1970 Electra? I have tried the auto-shops and the ones they say will fit are just a tad too short...My electra spends all summer out since we have no garage and I need a decent car cover that will fit this nice extra long beauty! grin.gif" border="0<P>Any help is much appreciated!

I got one from JC Whitney that fits my 1973 Electra. Fits well. Since it is breathable it lets some moisture in. The one I got costs about $80.

There are lots of "ins and outs" with car covers. There are universals and custom fits. There are several fabric choices too.<P>You might contact Barney Eaton (of the Reatta Division) at "barney@texas.net" for information and pricing as he sells them. I suspect he can cut you a deal and also advise you on the fabric that would suit your use best.<P>I found that email address on a reatta.org link so if it doesn't work, email me back direct and I'll get his snail mail address for you, but I think that email is correct.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Guest my3buicks

I just got a Stormguard Cover from California Car Covers for my 69 225 Convt. Fits nicely, a good choice for your car if it sits outside, covers almost clear to the ground.

I suspect that Barney will make you as good of a deal as anyone else might for the same fabric of car cover. <P>In the long run, a custom cover will probably be better than the universal one as it will more closely fit the vehicle and decrease wind whipping and such (remember, when that cover moves it's moving against the vehicle's paint and if there happens to be any grit on the paint when that happens . . . .). <P>There are good points and bad points to using car covers, just as there are for "bras" for the front ends of vehicles. For a vehicle you're going to drive every day, it can be a hassle and not a good alternative to some sort of carport that would be nicer to have.<P>Car covers are one commodity that it would pay to do all of the research you can on fabrics and vendor prices BEFORE you make your final decision. A quality fabric in a quality cover will cost more than a universal "inexpensive" cover from WalMart or PepBoys, but you get what you pay for so be an informed shopper. Once you determine what fabric, then shop price and such.<P>NTX5467

I got one recently from california car covers for my 70 electra convertible that fits extremely well. It was about $100 and is made out of a breathable material called "Noah." Spend the money on your baby and get a custom cover. My car stays very clean.