skylark question

I am a new comer to the world of buicks I now own a 72 skylark and can't find much information about them. I can find lots of information about the GS but nothing on a plain one?

Probably 75% or more of the parts are the same. GS owners love to part out Skylarks to restore their cars.<P>The chassis and body panels are the same, as is much of the interior. If it were'nt for the GS maintaining a market, you wouldn't be able to get many parts for your Skylark.

You might see if you can find some original Buick sales brochures (either "full line" or "Skylark only") that would cover the model you have. These sales brochures should have pictures of the available interiors, many options, and the specs on the vehicle in the back. Naturally, they'd probably have the GS models in them too so the price might be a little more than normal due to that.<P>Another source that might be more readily available (and available from the Barnes&Noble website at a discount) is the "Standard Catalog of Buick" that lists each year by itself with lots of fine print on options, standard equipment, specs, and production figures. There might even be a price guide (in effect at the time the book was printed) so you can get an idea of potential value.<P>I've got a '70 Skylark Custom 2-dr hardtop that is a basic 350 2bbl car. It's a nice driver and I have some 15x7 factory chrome wheels for it. Those, plus some appropriate tires (either P215/70R-15 whitewalls or P225/70R-15 Radial T/As) and heavy duty shocks and a sway bar upgrade will make it a nice driving car that gets good fuel economy and looks "nearly" like a GS while not looking like a GS clone or hot rod.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467