power seat question

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

The power seat on my 69 is not working. When I activate the buttons I can hear clicking, but no action. I am sure this is a problem many have came in contact with, so I thought I would ask for your input. Thanks frown.gif" border="0

If the solenoids are clicking that means that they and the transmission are good. No motor action usually means motor has shat itself. There should be a circuit breaker somwhere near the fuse block. Check that, it may have given up.<P>Good news is, all GM seat motors will interchange with the same type seat from about 1962 on into the 80s. 6-way seem to be the most common. If you have a 4-way or 2-way you may have to dig for a motor. Plugs are different sometimes, but that is a minor problem.<P>You haven't run the seat full travel in any direction, have you? I've seen some of the old 4-way buckets get jammed up if they were run full forward. Then you had to take the drive cable loose and use a drill motor to move the seat backwards far enough so the seat motor/transmission could work it again.