Reatta@junkyard pics

Serge

Guest Greg Ross

Serge,

You said this is an '88?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Novel approach to the master brakes </div></div>

Teves is gone, wonder how it worked?

Over all looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet! smirk.gif

I see two or three a month that look almost that bad -- <span style="font-style: italic">and they're on the freeways</span>. For some reason, the coupes have become a staple for the...<span style="font-style: italic">ahem</span>...undocumented visitors in Southern California. Mentioned this to my mechanic and he felt it was because of the "unkillable" 3800 engines. Bodies, paint (almost always red) and glass look like hell -- but they never seem to be smoking. Mechanic claims they just won't fail a California emissions test, despite condition.

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

Guest F14CRAZY

I noticed...

In the first pic, someone ripped off the "Reatta" on the passenger door body trim. And note, that it looks to me like the door has red/body color trim, yet the front bumper has black trim.

Wheels look beautiful, with no lead weights on them. Someone smart must have owned the car at some point. Here with Michigan winters, lead weights are awful on finished wheels. Heck, they were built in Michigan, and it is to my understanding that Reattas came from the factory with lead weights.

Then someone cheap owned the car. The passenger front fender is bondo-ed, along with the (not) nice Teves replacement. And they must have followed gravel trucks pretty close considering all the chips.

Well ok, the left side has lead wheel weights and the right side doesn't.

It looks like the steering wheel was replaced at some time. Why? My Reatta steering wheel has also been replaced by another (mine should be tan, but is maroon)

Upon seeing the left side, it seems the car is supposed to have red trim, but still has the black bumper.

There's a white, 1st generation Eddie Bauer Explorer in the background (my other passion)

My bad. All except the front passenger wheel have lead weights.

It is a shame to see what was such a nice car, now in such bad shape. JW, how many miles on it? This sight is a lot different than the '89 on ebay a few days ago with 19k miles laugh.gif

With the rest of the car showing signs of horrible care, I wouldn't take the motor or tranny if the junk man gave it to me for free.

Hello,

Not sure if the Teves was removed or Buick went to another system. I suppose we'll have to wait for the Reatta book project to come out. Myself, am not yet accustomed to all of Reatta's idiosyncracies to say. I own now. I don't regret it, yet. There's quite a number of them down here in South Florida.

I can't wait return to Canada with mine, they'll be few and far apart. <span style="font-style: italic">"grin"</span>

later,

Serge

I'll see at the junkyard about the center caps.