Decal Location V-12 '48 LC

its a V-12

I'm looking for info or pictures please for the correct location of decals in the engine compartment, such as for the air filter, glass windshield washer etc. Decals came with the car, at time of purchase but now need to install. Pictures of engine compartments would be great...Thank you and Regards.

Guest imported_V12Bill

There are only a few decals avaliable for the post war Lincolns. The air cleaner decal is afixed to the front of the air cleaner on the Continental and is seen looking straight on . The Zephyr air cleaner has the decal on the drivers side. The oil filter decal is on the drivers side of the housing just about 10 degrees forward of 90 degrees. The windshield bracket decal is on the wide verticle bar of the bracket. There is a tire preasure decal that is located on the glove box on the inside. At one time the authenticiy manuel gave a vague description of the location of these decals but omitted the location of the air cleaner decal.

• 4 weeks later...

Concerning the decal location on the air cleaner for the postwar Zephyr. I recently redid the air cleaner on my '46 sedan and there were remnants of the old decal on the right side under the "rib". located to the rear of the opening for the extended screw that attaches the cleaner to the carburetor. This may explain the vagueness in the authenticity manual? It could be that they were not very consistant or didn't care where they attached these decals? The serial no. of my car indicates it was probably built mid way thru 1946.