Last words on the last cars?

Reatta Fan

In a spare moment, I came across this link. Here, you will find a very interesting article on an Italian jeweler that donated a Buick to the Sloan Museum.

Further down the article, you will find the following: "Some of the more notable cars in Bulgari's collection are a 1938 Model 90L (Limousine) that had been part of the official Vatican fleet for many years (he purchased it from the Vatican), a multi-carbureted 1941 Century sedan, a rare 1942 Woodie wagon and the last Reatta coupe and convertible produced."

Our database shows the last convertible is owned by Buick. Is that correct?

Also, I thought the last Reatta produced is now in the Sloan Museum purchased from Chuck Perry.

Anyone knowledgeable care to comment?

Guest Stan Leslie

Nicolas Bulgari - Loves Buicks and has many, including a 91 Reatta coupe and a 91 Reatta convertible. Neither are the last ones built (other than the last model year). He does own some last built editions of other Buicks. Bulgari and Buick's PR guys took some liberties with their remarks (Bulgari's PR guy is an ex Buick PR guy). Last record I had, both of Bulgari's Reattas were stored in a warehouse in New York, but he does drive them occasionally.

From Reatta Database - Bulgari's 91 coupe is VIN# 1268 (last was 1554) and the 91 convertible is VIN# 437 (last was 622).

Again Stan is correct .... neither of his Reattas are unique. Last June he sold the convertible and it now resides in Phoenix, purchased by MacKenzie's, the people that owned Nancy's Maui Blue 1991 coupe.

It's also good to see Stan back on the discussion page.