Where to get door jamb switch for 63 Starfire?

Guest Pertti K

Guest imported_Pertti K

The switch on right hand door doesn't perform too good. Usually only the map light over the glove box comes on, sometimes the front interior lights and only now and then the rear interior lights give a short "blink" when opening the door. Where can I get a new one, or is there anything I can do for the original?

Thanks,

Pertti

Guest 1963starfire

Hi, I have a 1963 Starfire. My drivers side door

switch does the same thing. Most of the time the

interior lights come on but sometimes the rear ones

don't come on. Sometimes the map light switch in

the console acts up. I think its tied to the

door jam switch too.

USApartssupply.com shows some door jam switches. You might

check with them. My catalog shows for 88 and 98 only.

Hope this helps.

Looking at this current ebay auction for a PAIR of used ones from a 64 Ninety Eight, I hope mine don't quit anytime soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

1964 OLDSMOBILE 98 STARFIRE DOOR PIN SWITCHES 64

Pertti, you might try using some TV and radio tuner cleaner on your switches. You'll need to remove them from the doorjamb and take the rubber boot off to spray the cleaner down into the switch. Spray it in then work the switch plunger to clean the internal contacts- battery disconnected of course! If you're lucky the rubber boots won't rip apart when you take them out of the doorjamb.

Guest imported_Pertti K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking at this current ebay auction for a PAIR of used ones from a 64 Ninety Eight</div></div>

The price! shocked.gif Well, it's closed anyway. Those seem quite different from mine, but probably just the rubber covers have dropped somewhere on the way... Or is this how they should look: http://pkh.photosite.com/currentwheels/IMG_2287.html ? Anyway, the lack of the rubbers is making it easier to spray cleaner in them, might try it without taking them out of the door jamb. Funny I didn't think about that myself blush.gif

Hi Perrti,

Let me know if you can fix the switches that you have. AS long as they are two wire type, I have a stock of them (just have to dig them up.) Let me know. Since we last talked, I have accidently deleted your (and everybody elses) Emails so I dont have your emaill address anymore. Try what rocketraider suggested before you contact me about new switches. Talk soon

Greg

mrolds88

drhotwheels@mybluelight.com