Chapter Inquiry Update

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

Hi folks, I have sent out the Chapter/Region/Division Inquiry Update forms to each director or to the last recorded director of each given entity. To those of you who are chapter directors or chapter members, please get these back to me ASAP - so much of the information we have on file is obsolete - information needs to be up to date so prospective chapter members can contact the chapter. I get MANY calls from prospective members that can't reach or get ahold of a chapter using the current information available.

All chapters need to get an email address, Yahoo works well, and is free. Using an account such as Yahoo allows the email address to be passed from director to director or whoever takes care of chapter emails. If a director of a chapter is not computer savvy there is usually someone in a chapter that is. Website are also a valuable tool to chapters and should be worth looking into.

Please fill these forms out completely and accurately

I am always available to talk with chapters/regions/divisions about needs and ideas.

Guest COMPACTBC

The Orange County Chapter has no record of receiving the Chapter Update form for completion. Have you considered putting the form on this site so we can fill it out right here? tongue.gif

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Keith I just received my form tonight at our monthly meeting . I will fill it out and get it back to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days I have just recently started a new job and have also started attending adult education classes and between the two have a fairly heavy work load. But Ill do my best.

Dan

Director , National pike chapter

Guest my3buicks

Thanks Dan, all I ask of chapters is they get them back in a timely manner. Wow Dan, you are working on a full plate then!!!

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Yea LOL when some people turn 40 they go out & buy a car . I already have the cars so I had to figure out another kind of mid life crisis grin.gif

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest my3buicks

Chapters are responding nicely - let's not stop now - ask your Chapter Director if he/she sent your chapters inquiry in yet. It will be great to finally get Chapter information up to date!!!! I am also working on updating Region information and the possible formation of a new one or two. Always open to feedback and suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest my3buicks

Hi folks, I would ask all members of a chapter to give your director a call to make sure they have sent your "inquiry" letter in. I know people are busy, but this information is important and needs updated. Thanks in advance!!!

Guest GS70Stage1

Keith, I am a member of Central Fla club. I wonder if you can point me to someone to get a web site set up. I don't think there are many members who use computers a lot and eventhough I sit in front of one all day, I haven't done anything to set up a web site. I am willing to learn and think I can maintain it if I get some help getting it going. I got a lot of parts when restoring my car by using web searches, so appreciate the value of using this technology. Also am registered with the Stage 1 and Reatta sites.

Also I just registered the email address buickclubfl@yahoo.com. Or do you have a suggestion for a good email address to get? I think this might be a little project I can help our club with. I will get the club presidents approval for all this, just want to give him some solutions when I raise the questions.

Thanks,

Guest my3buicks

John, thanks for asking - no, I have not got a response from them yet - I sent the "inquiry" to L Carrroll as that is the last listed director - I also called and left a message on Lee's phone last week, so that may have been enough to get the wheels back in motion.

If the web-board members want to do the same as you and ask me if I have heard from their chapters that would be easy to do and a great avenue to maybe get a few more of these nailed down. This IS a requirement of the bylaws for chapters to complete and return and also so very important to each and every chapter for the health of the chapter.

If I can't get hold of many of these chapters, think how hard it would be for perspective members to contact them.

I would like to see every Chapter have at least an email address and a phone number available in the Bugle & on the Chapter/Regional/Div page. I have afound the free Yahoo accounts to work well for a chapter email addy - you can use for example GreaterPittsburghAreaBCA@yahoo.com and leave no doubt as to who you are. The beauty of using one of these accounts is it can be easily transferred at election time to the next group - all you have to do is give the incoming director or whoever is going to handle the email your password, they can get into it at their computer and change the password if they desire - thus - continuity for contacting the chapter.

I also need everyone to tell me who they think is the Regional coordinator for there Region - we have most, but that is an area that was left get out of date and there are a few Regions we just don't have current info on.

Keith,

I hope you now have the information from our Yankee Chapter. If you have any questions, please route them back to me at my e-mail address - J.scheib@comcast.net.

We will pursue the web link, for info, but our long time director, while very active, is not likely to be using a computer . I will try to get this set up so we might have two person able to track the messages.

John