330 Engine in a 64 Sky

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Is anyone familiar with a 330 engine with aluminum heads that might have came in a 64 Skylark. Bruce, one of the old time Buick fellers I visited to day says he has one????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oldsmobile built a 330-cid engine that was used in the '64-'65 F-85, Cutlass, Jetstar88, and '64-only 442, but Buick never used a 330 engine. </div></div>

Olds 330 engines were also used in '66 and'67 model years '66-'67 F-85, Cutlass, '66 Jetstar, and '67 Delmont 88 330. Cast iron construction and the foundation for the later Olds 350/403/307/260 engines.

Henry

Guest imported_MrEarl

I asked if he was sure it wasn't a 300 and he said it was a 330. His sometimerz may have been acting up. From what I gathered he and his brother would swap engines, trannies and rear ends from all different makes. It probably came out of an Olds 442 as he spoke pretty highly of them in competition with his GS. Who knows...He spoke most certainly of it having aluminum heads though. Thanks guys, I was just curious and found the aluminum heads as interesting