Anyone have Christmas photos to share of your antique car?

Shop Rat

Harford Region normally participates in two local Christmas parades that occur on the first Saturday and Sunday of December. Some of the cars are decorated for the event.

Photos of some of the region's cars that participated this year are on our web site at:

http://www.aaca.org/harford/cparade04.htm

The third photo from the left in the second row and the last photo in the last row are of our 1931 Ford Deluxe Tudor.

Bruce W, Thanks for sharing. Those photos are just what I was looking for. And what a turnout. Not only of people but of cars. I love the last photo, the one of your car, with the hand pointing at "Rudolph" on your hood.

We actually have a guy here that managed to find battery operated twinkle lights and he puts them on the spokes of his Model T so the wheels are even lit up. One of the towns does a night time Christmas parade.

Our region normally has between 12 and 20 or so cars in the Christmas parades. This year, the days of the parades were cold but clear. Attached is a photo of our Ford in one of the parade lineup last year and you can see by the snow that the day really felt like Christmas.

When we first used the plastic Rudolf last year, I didn't think many people would really take notice of him but I've been amazed each year by hearing so many kids get excited and point him out as we drive by.

I have two sets of the battery operated lights that I used to use in the windows of my van and they showed up good at night time. I'd like to use them on the Ford, but since the parades here are during the day, they wouldn't show up well.

The decorations on the door handles are miniature Christmas wreaths with a red ribbon. The inside of the wreaths are large enough to fit over the handle but tight enough to stay in place. The wreaths also draw many favorable comments from people. They are decorative without being too large and gaudy.

Good idea on the nose. I will have to give it some thought on how to do it for next year.

When I first looked I thought that was what they were but was not sure.

Wonder if you use one of the little red lights from a smoke/carbon monoxide dector for his nose? Some of them blink. Or possibly one of the little lights like that they have for ceramic Christmas villages that people collect. Some of them are just a single mini-light and you could use a red bulb or the little flasher bulb and paint it red with glass paint .