Thanks to professional Library staff

Guest c.johnson

Guest c.johnson

I would like to thank the library staff for finding information on my obscure Oakland (maybe IndianaCarGuy is psychic.)<P>They handled the transaction very professionally, giving me a lot of detail information that I was missing (who would have thought a '22 Oakland came standard with Gabriel Snubbers?, I was just about to sell them.) :0<P>The pictures are wonderful! Very high quality, can make out a lot of detail about hub caps, spokes, and so on.<P>Anyway, thanks again. You have been a lot of help.<P>cj

Oaklands are wonderful cars, they are rare, but not obscure. As to me being psychic,....no,..not to my knowledge, I just know a lot about the era 1900-1925, especially in the realms of the big, heavy cars and early V-8's. So,..is this a 1922?<BR>If so,..I need to look up a guy I used to know in Valencia CA. who had a 1920 Oakland touring, it was left original, but ran VERY well, he drove it to Indianapolis at least three years I know of, and it never faltered.<P><BR>How about sending your psychic car guy a picture of that Oakland? Better yet, put it on here in a new post and let's see how many shocked people there are. Someplace, I have an original factory sales copy of a 1905 De Dion with a V-8,..maybe I should post it,...<BR>RS<p>[This message has been edited by IndianaCarGuy (edited 01-18-2001).]

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Where is Kim Miller? She signed up several months ago. I have never dealt with her for info, but she is always friendly and has helped several people I know. SalG smile.gif

Guest c.johnson

My Oakland is a 1922, model 6-44, 4 door sedan. So far it is the only one of it's kind anyone has ever heard of.<BR> <BR>I have requested info from the Pontiac/Oakland club(POCI) from their Oakland expert(Wayne Weber)on the era. He gave a lot of good info as well, especially technical mechanical (engine) items.<P>But I guess what impressed me the most about the library is the great pictures, and description as "from the factory" on the vehicle. <P>I wish I could post a picture, unfortunately the car is in 3 garages at the time. It has been disassembled for quite some time, and will require part by part restoration.<P>I guess what worries me the most is wondering if I am up to the task. Even with a lot of help, it is a very big puzzle and a lot of work. Information is as scarce as parts.<P>This DF is great group therapy, helps me quite a lot as well. Thanks guys. grin.gif<P>cj<P>

Thank you Mr. Johnson for your kind words about the Library. We strive to do the best job we can with the material we have in the library. We always appreciate good press. SalG - I am still here and check the DF on a regular basis.