(?)source for rubber 1966 and later

Steele only goes to 1965 but my 73 (non-Buick) needs its windshield replaced and they cant do it unless I supply the rubber. Any idea who carries it after '65?

If you've got a vehicle with a windshield that uses a gasket, then you probably need to check with vendors for that particular type of vehicle for help finding one. Steele probably has some "roll goods" that might be acceptable, but you probably have a gasket that has molded corners and such too, making such roll goods (sold by the foot) unacceptable.<P>Steele is a main manufacturer for many things, even things that other people sell under their own name, but I suspect you'll need to find vendors which specialize in that year and model of vehicle to get what you need.<P>It could be that a glass company that is used to doing older vehicles might not arbitrarily require new gaskets with all installations. It is a good orientation, though, as the previous gasket has taken a set to the glass in it (especially with respect to glass thickness). Plus, the rubber might not flex and tolerate the movement of the glass being taken out and reinstalled.<P>Hope this helps,<BR>NTX5467