third brake light

anyone know a good vendor for third brakelights? I would like to get two slim LED light bars and hang them from the roof where the trim meets the headliner. I don't think I can make it flush with the rear window, but I think it will still be visable.<P><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Tom

Guest John Chapman
Guest John Chapman

Packard V8... probably has something to do with driving at warp speed and hazard recognition/reaction times.<P>As for the milk, I can understand the consumer wanting a choice... I'd sure like it if they'd standardize the label/cap color, so when I buy 2% in a blue carton from one dairy, I don't have to think so hard when I buy 2% from another dairy that uses red (or pink, tan, black...)for the same product.<P>JMC

Yeah, something else that makes no sense to me is that certain battery operated appliances and radios and so-forth have a light that comes ON when the battery gets low!!!???? HOW ABSURD!!!!! the battery is low and the designer says turn on another light???????????

For the type of "high mounted stop light" you describe, you might check with some of the street rod parts vendors. I believe I've seen just what you need in their magazine adds.<P>The factory GM Accessory HMSL kits used a relay to run them instead of tapping directly into the stop light circuit. It had it's own particular harness and everything. This kept it isolated from the main brake light operation too.<P>I bet you'll find what you need with the street rod parts vendors, though.<P>Enjoy!<BR>NTX5467

Prior to '53, only ONE brake lite was required. NOW, everyone thinks they need 3??? At one time i went to the store to buy milk and there were about 2 or 3 choices. Now it takes it takes up a whole freakin' isle of different fat content etc. Jesus!!! Fill me in.

I found a slim one for my 65 at Autozone for $19.99. the hard part is wiring it up. I have mine just wired into the one of the brake lights so that it works on turning that direction also. Dont know if thats good or not, so I havent changed it. <P>With my low bucket seats, I need all the help I can get to keep people from rear ending me.