1963 Starfire Wiper switch, Tail light socket

RASCARS

I have contacted Fusick, USA olds, Kanter. NAPA, Discount Auto parts, Jackson Oldtime parts and searched EBay for hours and I am unable to locate a tail light socket for the right side or a badly needed wiper switch (2 speed with washer) for my '63 Starfire? Does anyone have either of these for sale or knows someone or someplace I can buy these?

I appreciate any information any of you can give.

Thank you crazy.gif

The wiper switch is common to all 1962-66 B & C body Oldsmobiles, and I'm pretty sure that since Buick, Pontiac and Chevy all used the common Fisher body wiring and windshield wiper systems one from those carlines would also work. Just make sure it's 2-speed with washer. OE part # is Grp 10.163, p/n 1993607, 1962-65 2-speed exc F85, 1966 all except Toronado.

I don't understand the trouble you're having finding that lamp socket. It was used on all series 1963-70 and again on all the B-O-P-Chev cars. I've seen aftermarket versions in Advance Auto, Auto Zone and CarQuest though those are made in China like everything else. It may not have the correct wire colors but if you need the socket to make the lamps work it'll do in a pinch. Those design sockets can be hateful to deal with though.

You've checked wiring continuity up to the socket, and made sure the taillight pod is grounded properly to the body?

Thank you for your rapid response and the very valuable information. I have checked the wiring and the ground. The socket is very worn and corroded. I'm going to head to the local NAPA store that has been able to find other parts with this information.

Again, Thank you and Happy Holidays. smile.gif