Adding a power seat to a 64 Riv

Since the seats are soon to be removed from my 64 Riv (new carpet and upholstery), I thought about installing one of my spare power seat tracks on the passenger seat. Does anyone know if this is easily done (i.e. without extensive drilling of the seat frame or fabricating new mounting hardware)?<P>Also, does anyone have a spare piece of the plastic trim around the seat base? I'd like to mount the switch on the side of the seat, a la the standard interior.<P>Thanks.

Chip, if the Riv is like the other early 60s GM bucket seats this may require some fabrication. All these seats I've seen have flat mounting brackets on the outboard track and the rear inboard one is vertical. The seat motor/transmission drives the seat on the outboard track. You might be able to reverse a LH outboard track to work the passenger seat, depending on the front-to-back angle of the track.<P>This is an interesting concept. While we're on it, why is it that most of these 4-way seats tend to lose the fore-and-aft adjustment while the vertical still works? My 64 Starfire and buddy's 64 GP both have that problem. Motor runs, seat don't move. Try to find solenoids or dog gears for those things. (I can vouch that later 6-way stuff didn't fit! mad.gif" border="0 ). But then, two weeks ago I ran into a guy with a 66 Starfire whose seat worked fine fore-and-aft, but not up-and-down. I'm tall, so my Starfire being stuck all the way back doesn't bother me, but this guy had a hell of a time being able to see over the steering wheel with the seat stuck in full down!