turning photos into line art

Guest Moepar

Hi all

I don't know if your aware of these programs, as I have just found that there are a couple that you can use to turn a photo (like of your favorite car) into line art. The two I have used are Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10 & JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 (there is a newer edition out now, pro 9, but you can still find the pro 8 for cheaper on ebay if you'd like).

I have tried to attach one that I did of a club member's '30 Model T, but no matter how small I resized it, the website wouldn't take it. So the only way I can show you a couple of examples is to look on the GSMR website, see bottom of pages 2 & 6 of the online newsletter for some of the line art I used. http://www.aaca.org/gsmr/NLnov.htm

Most come out really nice like these. Trick is to start with a sharp, good quality image where the subject is fairly large in the photo.

If you have one of these programs (or if you get one) & would like to know how to do this, let me know. It is pretty easy, especially if you don't have to do it the 'hard' way by figuring it out by spending an hour 'playing' with it. But it is a lot of fun!

Dawn

GSMR ed

Sure Wayne. It looks a lot like a line drawing. Would you like me to email you an example? I know I have emailed them successfully to others.

Ok Wayne-I sent off three to the yahoo address I saw posted. I'm assuming you have dial-up, which is why the newsletter wouldn't download for you. Let me kow if your able to open these attachments & let me know what you think.

Dawn

Yep, that worked! smile.gifI don't know why it wouldn't for me. Maybe it's because I threatened this stinkin' computer once too often! grin.gif

How'd ya like 'em?

Dawn It looks like the first picture came out great. I don't what made the other two not as good. Any ideas? You need to get a good "photo shop" program that will downsize your pictures for you, so you can download anything on our web site. BTW, the Packard was already small enough. Thanks, Wayne

It seems that the lighter the color, the better it turns out. I think I can go in & tweak them some more in the program as well.

I had initally tried to download the Packard (I had resized it with the photo program which is why it was small when you got it). It just wouldn't take when I tried to do the attaching to the website.

D