Saw 2 Reattas today (1 for sale)

RatReatta

Today was the first day in months that i saw two different reattas. one was a man named jerry who asked me if i needed any parts and then tried to give me jim finns phone number. i was like "yea, im familliar with jim". Jerrys car did not have a visible number on the dash and i thought it would be rude to ask. the other reatta i saw today was at 'airport autos', next to the local highschool. the number there is 386-(437)-2403 (i believe). the windshield was cracked on the passenger side, big crack, and a little bit of spiderwebbing. the window said '89 reatta $1,900 obo. the vin was 1g4ec11c2kb906844, it was white with red, almost maroon, interior. had 16 way seat and went downhill from there, as per the old man "the battery is dead as fart" so i couldnt check the computer and buttons and all. the rearview mirror was hanging by a wire, the actual mirror and motor on the passenger side was gone. the deivers side seat was really really really really worn, disgustingly worn. the passenger side was in very good shape. there was rust under the car. the tail lense was opaque. no cd, no sun, lots of poorly applied touchup paint. the door speaker pannels were medded up, broken and with the cloth removed, it looked like someone tried to pull the grille off and broke it, and then replaced the speakers (both sides) without taking the door pannels off and it looked like they were just shoved in. in MHO, the car isnt worth more than scrap. the only good thing about the car was the passenger seat and the carpets were all nice and the back pannels were in good shape. i dont think the car would be worth even 300 and then parting out because it looked like pretty much everything was broken. no milage listed but from the wear on the seat id guess way over 200k, the man said about 100k miles but no way in heck that that is true. well, atleast its a VIN number for the books and maybe its a POS but it might provide simulator parts for padgett, if it drives i wouldnt mind the hour it takes to get there but this dealer does not, in my experiance (late 80 'benz coup and an early 90s vette) come down on his prices and has everything tagged at way over its value

Guest F14CRAZY

Well that didn't work. I ran Carfax on the Reatta you gave a VIN on. There was a police report on a front end collision. It had 113,000 miles as of late 2000. Lists two owners, Texas in 1989 and Florida in 1999. Looks like it was sold in two auctions. No total loss, etc.

i wouldnt have guessed on any real bad accident, the bumpers mostly lined up meaning maybe a small accident and all the lenses were cloudy, like, dark yellow cloudy so it apparently didnt break them. oh well, i was posting more for the database, i would not recomend anyone buying this car

Thanks anyway but I have lots of parts and no place to put another car (well actually I have a place but the simulator is going there).

Know of one similar (no body damage but needed a water pump) that sold for $250

One of the little Coleman Powermates ($29.95 at Pep Boys) is very handy for powering ded cars and moving power seats around. Not enough to start an engine but will run everything else and is not too heavy. I have one.