56 CARBURETOR & BRAKE PEDALS, & FAST IDLE VACUUM

jaxops

I tried the AACA Board, and BCA, but no one really has a good handle on this yet, so I thought that I would ask the Caddy owners for any advice on this:

I need your advice wrt the Rochester 4bbl carburetor on my 56 Cadillac Limousine. I had it cleaned and overhauled, but when it came back the vacuum line and expansion piece were missing. The shop didn't have the parts, so they plugged it. Does anyone know where I can get the parts for this?

Secondly, does anyone know the correct method for adjusting the brake and gas pedals on these cars? There are no springs on the throttle nor on the brake pedal. According to the manuals they are mechanically linked. This is my first 50s car, so I haven't had to deal with this kind of probelm before. I have to pull the brake pedal up a quarter inch or so to get my brake lights to go out...but the brakes work well otherwise. The carburetor shop put spring s on the throttle because without them it has no pushback. They don't belong there, but I need to know what to do next.