Magazines and Paperback Books for Support Our Troops

stexch

A local group is collecting items to be sent to those serving in Iraq. These will go to those who are in locations where PX service is not available. The items wil be shipped during January, 2005. Items requested are:

Paperback books;

Magazines;

razor blades;

shaving cream;

toothpaste;

toothbrushes;

deodorant;

lotion;

lip balm;

antacids;

batteries;

flashlights;

shampoo;

soap;

baby wipes;

stationery;

pens;

envelopes;

disposable cameras;

foot powder;

sunscreen (spf 30 & higher);

international calling cards.

If you have a similar program in your location, I encourage you to support it. If not, you may send items to me at:

Support Our Troops

c/o State Exchange Bank

PO Box 284

Mankato, KS 66956

(785)378-3222

I would be glad to discuss this program with you, but my knowledge is limited. I would, however, be glad to give you the number of our local coordinator.

Thank you for your consideration.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

To clarify things a little better.... Send them the Gatorade in the powder form. It will give them several gallons of Gatorade, and it will be cheaper to mail rather than sending liquid gatorade to them by the gallon. When you deal with the heat and the dust over there, the Gatorade does help curb your thirst. When I was over there we didn't have any ice. When we did get ice, a lot of time if the water wasn't contaminated, then the ice dispenser was, so if you were lucky enough to get something cold to drink, you usually got sick from it.

...Not complaining, but only talking from personal experience.