A note of appreciation

Budd

My thanks to the folks on this board, you help extends beyond this forum at times. Had a member on my site ask for help troubleshooting his vacuum starter switch on his '56. I couldn't help him, but I remembered this was discussed awhile back on this board and pointed him to the discussion link. He was able to solve his problem and get back on the road. Very cool... I'll take credit for pointing him to the BCA board, but it's you folks (and your knowledge that you share) that really makes the difference.

So... thanks guys (and gals) !

Budd

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hi Robert,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. for the link to the explanation of the

"mystery" starter switch. The mystery is now explained. I feel like I've just been let in on one of Houdinni's slight of hand tricks...

It'really pretty cleaver engineering from Buick. I bet someone must have layed

up late at night to dream it up. It's all controlled at the carb. I just had my

carb rebuilt professionally and didn't even know what the tube in the back was

for. The guy didn't explain it either so I guess he didn't know as well.

It's amazing how many folks are out there that are generous with their

knowledge and time.

Thanks again.

Chris.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Robert, that is a great website and story!!! Love the license plates too!! 1956 Buicks were in a distinctive class of their own back then--and now too. Very neat cars.

I suspect we're all glad you found your Buick and will continue to cherish it for many years to come--not everybody has that chance or can follow their dreams as you have in this situation. Congratulations!

When my uncle was discharged from the Air Force in 1956, one of the first things he and my aunt did when they got back Stateside from New Foundland, was to buy a new 1956 Buick Special 2-dr sedan. White over black with a red interior. 3-speed manual, white wall tires and wheel covers, heater, and no radio. It was quite a bit different from the Plymouths and Chevrolets in the family at that time. So, I have some fond "growing up" memories of the '56 Buicks too.

Enjoy!

NTX5467