Electrical Problem? Can anyone help?

farnelle

89 Reatta. CRT keeps flashing "Electrical Problem Service Check Required".

This message flashes up approximately every thirty seconds and then goes back off after five seconds. The "See diagnostic center" light on the IPC also goes on and then back off.

Checked codes: I have E026,B448, B552 and C553. All are history codes. There are no current codes. If I switch to the staus/diagnostic screen when the message comes up I also get a blinking light on the engine line.

Anyone got any ideas. The only thing that I know for sure is wrong with the car is that the air conditioner compressor is bad and the freon is low. I have not been driving the car in the summer and just use the econ mode, so I have not replaced the compressor or charged the system. If I turn on the auto mode I do get the screen message that says "very low refrigerant" but I don't think that should have anything to do with the electrical problem message.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

Ed

First I would disconnect the battery to clear all codes. Next see what the display says when it happens again. (I get the same sequence when the windshield washer gets low and starts sloshing). Does sound like you have an a/c problem.