Happy 30th Birthday!

AK Buickman

According to the Flint assembly plant invoice date of 4/21/72, my 1972 Electra 225 Custom 4-dr hardtop (model 4839) will be 30 years old this Sunday, on April 21, 2002. I obtained this factory information by giving the Sloan Museum the VIN of my car, along with $10.00.<BR>I was told that the invoice date from the factory paperwork may not necessarily be the actual date that my Buick was assembled. <BR>Is this true?<BR>By the way, for a birthday celebration on Sunday, my '72 Electra may have an appetite for something oriental with rice--maybye a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan.<P>AK Buickman, BCA #1955..............

No pattern or connection with those two people mentioned-- But my '72 Electra could get people upset when it takes up a lot of space when parked at the gas pumps. The gas pump island, designed for two late model cars, is about 25 ft long, and my car is about 19 ft long.<P>To GR8 53; check with the Sloan Museum to see what they have for the earlier model Buicks. I think that most of their VIN records go back to the 1970's or 1960's (?).<P>AK Buickman......

I hear ya on that one AK. I'm sure people give me odd looks when I pull next to a pump only to just sit there as I wait for the person pumping ahead of me to finish so that I can pull out ahead of that pump and free up the pump I'm next to for the next person. Then there is the problem of some of these new pump nozzles barely fitting. You even get these things with the huge plastic covers w/ ads on them. Then there are those stupid springs that are sometimes on the nozzle that get caught in the filler tube. Don't the people who design these things realize that they have to work for older cars as well as new?! mad.gif" border="0

In Alaska, all the rules are different.<BR>We still use the gas pump nozzles that were designed in the 1960's, so refueling my thirsty Electra is always a breeze.<P>To "73Electra 225"<BR>I see that you installed dual exhaust on your car; you would love it up here- it seems that over 1/2 of the vehicles driving around, including 2002 models, have dual exhaust.<BR>AK Buickman...................