SD classic car auction--- MANY Buicks

Guest Blownolds

Guest sintid58

I was up there once. All I saw was junkyard and rebuildable stuff but I am only 30 miles away. If I get a chance I will drive up and look around. Am leaving for California tomorrow will be back next weekend. I anyone has something specific to look at let me know and I will try to check it out. May grab my wife and head up tomorrow before I leave.

Guest sintid58

I went up a looked around this morning. Every thing looks pretty much like parts only. The only car that was really drivable was a 67 Le Sabre 4 door sedan. it looked like it was all original and odometer had 59000 miles. very straight, add on a/c, interior was original but some slight rusting starting on rear quarters. Sitting beside it was the only other car with all 4 wheels and tires on it and I think it was a 62 Le Sabre 4 door sedan also with add on a/c. that car was hit in the rear and had lots of surface rust but looked drivable. The only Riviera I saw was a 65 that was missing lots of parts including the drivers door skin. I did talk to a young man working in the yard moving cars and he said they were going to be getting 125 or 130 more cars before sale time. I took some pictures but ran out of room on my digital camera. My wife is going to try to download them here later as I have to get going and won't be back until next weekend. I am not sure how to attach the pictures anyone that could tell her how and post it here would be very helpful.

Thanks for the heads up on the Trent auction! The sale bill made it sound like most of these were cars you could tune up, buff the paint and go for a drive! LOL! I don't know why these auctioneers don't give an honest description and leave it at that! Tell us it is a salvage yard selling off and let us decide if it is something we are interested in checking out! Tim

Sintid58, I took a look at the list and noticed the 56 Roadmaster. On the outside chance, would you see if the lower wraparounds are there and if they are solid? Do you know if this auction would go down to just a bumper, or is it for the entire car?

John D

BCA 3757

jld1972@empireone.net

Guest roadmastermike

My name is Mike Lacey and I own all the cars for sale Oct 30 In South Dakota, I bring cars in that are mostly complete they are not picked over and not parted out. The gentleman from Tea that looked at them must just buy new cars and is not familiar with great parts cars of cars that are fewer and fewer, I do not crush American cars that hold a era together that should be keep alive, if you want pictures email, I will be glad help. I have always been told by those who visit my yard that it is great. Hope to see you all there.

Guest roadmastermike

There isnt enough room on a sale bill to tell which window is cracked etc, these are mostly complete cars that is the way I am advertising, winter projects not new and ready to drive, thanks Mikes Service in South Dakota

Guest sintid58

here are the pictures i took. Still looks to me like parts cars at best. I guess the fact that I own and drive several old cars means I buy only new. Not one of these is a one winter project. Maybe over several years some could be rebuilt but the cost would be prohibitive unless it was something very rare such as a 53/54 skylark.

Guest sintid58

last buick i know the pictures aren't great but they give you an idea of what they are like. they were digging them out of the weeds last week so at the sale I am sure you could see them better than I did. I really can't tell you what was there on any car because all I did was walk through and look. My digital camera ran out of room or I would have taken more picutes. I put in a new memory card I thought but it was full and not downloaded yet.