Vacuum Wiper Motor

ogster

Guest imported_pete324rock

try fusick.com for vacuum-have seen some electric conversions for sale but pricy-will scratch my brain for location if you are interested.The wiper motor can be taken apart and extra life can be given by greasing the insides if I remember correctly.What look like rivets are actually screws that hold the unit together.Use vise grips gently and turn as usual.pete

Thanks for your help. I have already had the unit apart and regreased it maybe 5 - 7 years ago. Now, the (leather?) seal around the wiper is cracked and worn beyond repair and I am basically ready for a "new" one. I can't believe that Schucks doesn't have these!

Ray shocked.gif

This should be the end of the line for you if you have not already sourced a new wiper motor-try www.wiperman.com It's in New York if I remember right-Have a look at the rebuilding process for the Cadillac-seems pretty safe bet to me with 3 year warranty.Motorized conversions start at 180. bucks -at other site I sourced.Glad to help....Pete

Thanks a heap!!

I think this is the way to go, post war machines fetch $59 for a rebuild where fusick was wanting $89 to replace it and said there were two styles and would have to see mine to determine which I needed. And, what are the chances that I'd get mine back? shocked.gif

Ray

No problem,glad to be of help-have good knowledge of 56 olds-if you know of any forums other than this one that features 56 olds chat I would appreciate it-lots of guys out there with complete parts books and such that I don't have-would be nice to share know-how.Don't hesitate to ask for help.I just found a source for backglass moulding clips(holds stainless around backglass)that are usually deteriorated over time that I thought were non existant.Good luck...Pete from eastern Canada

• 2 weeks later...

Ray, I had some dealings with the wiperman.com at Hershey and he is an absolute pro and a genius on the wiper stuff. I would not be worried about any transaction with him, as you found out the rebuild is cheap enough and he may just have a new original for sale. Todd C