Easily the dumbest car-related thing I've read in years

CBoz

I wouldn't put this here, except, when referring to those unrestored LZs out there, we better make sure we don't run afoul of the Corvette police!

It seems the folks at Bloomington Gold have decided that the word "survivor", by itself, is their sole property and can only be used to refer to unrestored Corvettes that *they* have certified:

http://www.bloomingtongold.com/index.php?link=survivor2

If protecting the term was limited to Corvettes, where there could be some misunderstanding, I might say ok. But no, according to them, they control its use for any car (even though Bloomington Gold doesn't deal with Lincolns, Packards, etc). To quote the end of this nutjob article:

"A classic Cadillac is not a SURVIVOR®. Only a Corvette certified by Bloomington Gold may be properly and lawfully referred to as a SURVIVOR®."

You know, Bloomington Gold, you don't own the English language, and the word "survivor" was around long before your plastic cars. So kiss my big flathead mad.gif.

Yeah Cecil, I heartily agree, nobody, especially GM people, should be dictating any restrictions on what car enthusiasts can and can not do, and what cars are more "desirable", My God, this is the one hobby left that has some rights of individual decision, restored to show standards, good original driver, upgraded stocker, Street Rod, wild $400K custom, whatever, we may bemoan the loss of nice LZ's to customizers, but think it best that there are not "Hobby Car Police" to arrest us if we do something wrong, "Vive la differance", Rolf

It is perhaps a good thing that the Classic Car Club of America did not register the word Classic otherwise this would be the most unlawfully used discriptive word for a older vehicle imaginable. I see ads everday for "Classic 1978 Ford LTD" etc. It is ridiculous to register a word such as survivor. I wonder even how they got away with it!