Buick Lacrosse

GSTURBO

It's possible that many of the newer design vehicles might "all look alike", other than the front end and tail lights. I suspect the recent "slab sided" look could well be driven by cost-to-produce issues, just as the "deeper drawn" (i.e., thicker) doors allegedly cost about $25.00/car more to produce than thin "more shallow drawn" doors do (at least that's what I read in an industry trade paper a few months ago). I think the pricing will be between mid-$20K to low $30K, depending on options and model. All things considered, I highly suspect that deeply sculptured side contours are a thing of the past, except possibly on the higher priced brands.

If the one you saw had the 3.6L VVT V-6, then it should have been one of the higher trim level vehicles. The Trusty 3800 Series III (with fly-by-wire throttle) should be in the base and mid-level models.

Looks like it ought to be a pretty nice car. Just wish there were more chrome accents on the interior--like to cover those "precision seams" where the trim panels meet. Modern interiors just seem a little bland to me, not to mention that brown wood does not really look good against graphite-colored interiors--at least to me. In some respects, many look very similar to others in design and architecture as each manufacturer tries to chase those "popular" import name plates. Oh well . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467