1986 calais gt

86 calais gt

I have recently purchase a 1986 Olds Calais GT. I am usually ok with olds models (I used to sell them) but I've never heard of this one. I've spoken to several people locally and the only one who barely remembers them was a olds salesman, and he's not sure he ever saw one. He told me that he thinks they only made them 1 or 2 years and then they were replaced with the international. Can anyone verify any of this info or perhaps add to it?

<span style="font-style: italic">Standard Catalog of Oldsmobile</span> says it was available 1986 and 1987 with: composite headlamps, aero rocker panels, specific front & rear fascias, two-tone paint, FE3 suspension, 14" styled aluminum wheels and Goodyear Eagle GT tires. Std engine was the fuel injected 151 four/five speed with port fuel injected 3.0 V6/automatic optional. Price: $1350.00.

I've seen the special GT emblems on ebay several times. Sounds like a neat car.

The car is pretty neat. This one is black with silver ground affects. It has the 3.0 auto. The interior is spotless with almost no wear patterns, and no tears. Let me tell you that 3.0 really runs. It does have the typical GM problem with the paint on the hood roof and trunk. Is there any way to find out exactly how many of these things were built?