(non-reatta) 3.3L Buick V6 motor?

Guest tempest68

Guest tempest68

Anyone here know much about the 3.3L V6 motor? I spotted a fairly decent condition 1989 Buick Skylark coupe locally that I might be interested in. But I do not know much about the reliability of this motor or any quirks to look out for. So any information would be greatly appreciated.

Due to being "downsized" effective 9/30, I may have to commute to whatever my next gig happens to be (25 miles to Harrisburg or 50+ miles to Baltimore). So hence I'm looking for a good beater.

[i know this is the Reatta board, but I figure some of the gear-heads here might be able to answer this question; and this is the discussion board whose regular members I trust the most]

3.3 or 3300? If it looks like the little brother to the 3800, it is. The basic reliability seems about the same and the longevity also. I know two people with them in early '90's Centuries and they get phenominal mileage, like the low 30's at cruising speeds of around 75 mph. It rev's way better than the 3800, almost scary w/6000 rpm shifts, but it does lack the torque of the 3800.

Guest tempest68

Thanks for the info....

I'm still on the fence about it only because I'm debating whether to spend the money or not. But the vehicle I'm looking at is at a reliable dealer. They thoroughly go over every used car before they sell it, so I would feel comfortable making the purchase should I decide to part with my money.