Kansas and Oklahoma-built cars and trucks

Guest Dean Lehrke

Guest Dean Lehrke

I am researching all automotive vehicles built in KS and OK. Does anyone have info on the following: Cloughley (Cherryvale, & Parsons KS)Jones (Wichita KS), Smith (Topeka KS), Stafford (Topeka,& KS City), Tulsa 4 (Tulsa), OK truck (Okay OK), Nolan truck (Muskogee OK), and Pioneer (El Reno OK). Who now owns the 1911 Stafford that Gilbert Stafford used to own in the 1960's? How many Jones and Smith cars are left? Are any Jones trucks still in existence? Has anyone ever heard about what happened to the 100 "Wing" cars exported by the Geronimo Motor Company of Enid OK in about 1919?

Thanks for your interest and help.

Dean Lehrke Liberty KS

Dean...Welcome to the AACA Forum.

I feel quite confident you will hear from various, experienced respondents shortly.

A worthwhile suggestion. Go to the Antique Automobile Club of America in the immediate left column at the top. Open it, scroll down to the Library & Research Center.

The AACA retains an enormous amount of research data catering to indepth questions, of which, you are requesting. This collection of data has been progressively catalogued, filed, and, staffed by professionals since the AACA's inception in 1935.

Obviously, you are serious in obtaining detailed answers. Our Library & Research Center is a diamond in the rough, of which, entirely too many people do not utilize. Many folks posting here over the years, simply "throw out" a question, then, sit back to see what happens.

The L&RC is and has been the most overlooked, under utilized resource tool this club has to offer.

There is a self explanatory form to fill out.

Should you opt to make a phone contact:

AACA National Headquarters

ATTN: Kim Miller, Librarian

P.O. Box 417

Hershey, PA 17033

Ph: 717-534-2082

Ph: 717-534-1910

Definitely worth your time.

Regards,

Peter J.

For information about the Jones automobile manufactured in Wichita, KS, I recommend that you contact Bob Jones, 155 Sunset Drive, Mount Juliet, TN 37122. Bob has spent several years finding and restoring the few remaining Jones vehicles that are left and I believe that he will have one of his vehicles at the Hershey Fall Meet on October 9, 2004. There is also one Jones vehicle on exhibit at a Museum in Wichita, KS.

As far as Jones manufactured trucks, Bob Jones is currently restoring a truck. In my conversations with Bob, I believe it is the only known jones truck that is still in existence.

John Myer