I saw one many many years ago, 2 dr sedan with a 401. I can still hear the chev guys crying and cursing the owner, for what he did. I was a neat instullation, home made headers and all, The car would really get up amd move.<BR>There have been several chevys, over the years that someone has put a Buick Motor into one. Didn't some chev trucks in the early 60s come with a factory installed Buick motor?<P>JIm Schilf / palbuick

There was an article in Hot Rod Magazine many years ago (1960's) about someone who had put an early 401 with dynaflow into a 55 Chevy. As I vaguely recall it was a pretty easy swap and only ended up weighing a few pounds more than the Chevy with the old six and powerglide.

1957 thru 1959 the Chevy 1 1/2 ton used a 322 Buick. Don't ya love it.<P>Honestly, if you have any plans on ever selling the car, don't do it. The resale will be in the toilet. If you are sick of SBC as I am, put a 409 in it, it will still not have the resale of a small block but not nearly as bad as the Buick.