CLASSIC CADILLAC EXHAUST ASSIST

jaxops

I bought a dual-exhaust for my 56 Cadillac Series 75 and the car sounds like "PT-109", thrumming like it has a "glass-pack" racing exhaust in it. The seller promised to reimburse me, but 1st I need to find a suitable replacement system. I am told that the mufflers should be 34" long. If anyone knows of a source for the correct replacement (quit-type) 2 mufflers and 2 resonators, please pass them to be at jaxops@bellatlantic.net.

Engine rebuild completed, brakes overhauled, wheel bearings repacked, power steering running- now I have a flat in my new tire and a transmission leak to fix. [Nothing's easy!]

I'll reply to my own post. I found FEN Enterprises in New York, who are making replacement mufflers with an extra baffle to extend them out to 34". I will replace the mufflers and see how the car does. My original parts supplier has agreed to take the mufflers back, so I am out on labor only (so far).

i put the kempich exhaust on my '58 six years ago, and I'm replacing on resenator now. These cars had two mufflers behind the engine, and two resenator behind the rear wheels.