Hub cap question...

Roadster90

Guest Greg Ross

Yep, just whetever the mechanic has handy- a really beatup grungy screw driver seems to be the tool of choice. Then they toss the center caps face down on the concrete floor and plunk the lug nuts in them.

Guest C.F.Massie

To bad the Buick engineers didn't provide a small slot around the edge of the hub cap like so many other vehicles have with small hub caps. Whenever, which is very little, I have to take my Reatta to a shop to have anything done that requires removing the wheels I always remove the hub caps myself and then take the car in. I just can't trust any grease monkey with my car, pride and care in ones work just has not been passed on to the new generation of mechanics, probably because so many shops are franchise operations now and labor turnover is high, gee wonder why.

C. F. Massie

89 Reatta red/tan 190k miles

64 GTO

68 AMX

68 Shelby GT500 Conv.

67 Sunbeam Tiger

71 Pantera

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Then they toss the center caps face down on the concrete floor and plunk the lug nuts in them. </div></div>

You have the "A" team! My guys drop them on their edges from the hoist height. Makes nice flatspots on the edges frown.gif