Body Parts Assembly Guide

Guest imported_MrEarl

Lamar, if your principal interest is parts numbers and diagrams for the '54 - '56 Buicks, then I encourage you to seek out a set of Buick Master Parts books. A set of two books (one for body and one for chassis) from about 1957 would provide you with excellent, comprehensive coverage for the Buicks you're most interested in. These books include many diagrams and identify literally every part for your Buicks. You can also readily see which parts apply to multiple model years.

The Buick Farm used to have these books available for sale, but I do not know what they currently have in stock. When I checked a few years ago, these were selling for about $80 for the two volume set.

I would agree with Mr. Laurance, I have a 1940-1963 Master Chassis book and it details out pretty much everything on the cars with regards to parts explosions and parts numbers. As for the value of the eBay listing, I traded emails with the seller some time back concerning his compilation, and we agreed that it was not much of a value add for anyone who already has the master books and shop manual. If you need a quick fix, you can download the "1956 Buick Chassis and Body Parts Supplement 1" from my website, it contains 253 pages of info specific to the 1956 Buick.

Cheers,

Budd

Guest imported_MrEarl

Thanks Brian and Robert B

I have the Master Chassis and Body but thought maybe this may detail more of the actual assembly procedures etc. They generally sell for buy it now so thought maybe someone had one. I think I'll pass on it too Budd

Me personally, I have been gathering up GM specific training manuals and such for some of the components for our Buicks. I don't think I'm going to come across another "master" series Buick book, or other form of Buick shop manual that will have any more information in it that I don't already have between the actual Shop Manual and the Master Chassis/Parts book. The crash sheets that I have, in my opinion, are of no value add. Much of the illustrations are the same as what's in the other manuals. They remind me of "Cliff Notes" from high school smile.gif

What I have been searching for (and finding sometimes) is component specific information from the various parts suppliers for GM. For example, Delco-Moraine brake manual, starter rebuild manual, Harrison A/C manual, Dynaflow (and other) tranny manual, etc. Manuals and guides that go into specific detail about a particular component. The Fisher Body News pamphlets are an excellent source of detailed "how to" information as well. Very hard to come by those... I think all the ones I have came from AutoLit.

Cheers,

Budd

Hi Lamar

I have a 1954 Chassi and Body parts book. Still an original issue Buick book.

Effective Jan 1. 1954. Is this what you are looking for. 150 pages of Illustrations and part numbers. Very good for the pictures. It is NOT for sale , but if you don't have this one I may borrow it out for you to make copies.

Deposit Required:

Titles to your cars

Children.

Deed to home and garage

Dog. ( have 3 cats now)

Beneficery of life insurance policy.

$50,000 USC

You can keep your wife, I have one allready.

If you have this book , disreguard all of the above.

Jim Schilf

palbuick@aol.com