Identify this Automobile #2?

Although the writing on the bottom says "Dad 1924 Chevie," I doubt that it is either a 1924 model or a Chevrolet.<P>Looks kind of like a Buick to me somewhere in the late teens or very early '20s<P>Howard

Question. How much trouble do you get into when going up against Father Ron? Well, here I go. shocked.gif<P>I don't believe it to be a 490 Ron. "IF" it's a Chevrolet, the only one I can see it being, would be a '22 Model FB 50. 1922 was the last year for both these models. The cowl and side hood louvers are wrong for a 490. The 490 had only six louvers and the FB had 14. (give or take) The headlight buckets on this photo are no newer than '22 again for a Chevrolet and what appears to be a cowl lamp, that really throws me for being Chevrolet. If it is a Chevrolet, then that would be my guess. A 1922 FB-50.<BR>Rick<P>

Rick, this is a classic example of using only the reference that is immediately available. It was too cold (20 degrees) to go to the barn to pull out the Chevy books and the book I had at the house had only one photo next to the 490 section, but it just said 1922 Chevrolet. I was suckered!! blush.gif You are absolutely right, the hood is wrong and the cowl is wrong for a 490. It is indeed a FB 50. <p>[This message has been edited by ronbarn (edited 12-31-2000).]

The hood louvers don't look right but it could be 23-26 Chevrolet Superior with the optional spoked wheels but the 6 lugs are a problem the 490's only had five lugs in 1922, the wheels look right for the 17-19 V-8 Series D, Model D-5 Touring. It was the largest Chevrolet produced in the pre-war period with a 120 inch wheel base. It had 34 x 4 inch wheels with 6 clamps to hold the rim the the wheel felloe.