car badges? collectible?

kansteach

I have recently found hidden in my house a box with about 10 thin metal discs with car emblems painted and pressed in them. I am not sure what they are was wondering if anyone else might know. They don't look like they would have gone on an actual car. They are about 3-4 inches in diameter. They have two small holes up towards the top like they could have been attached to something. There is a Studebaker, Nash, Hudson, Chrysler, Dodge, W, and several that just have a crest on them, possibly Cadillac. I am thinking that they may be from the 50's or 60's. If you have any ideas could you email me at kansteach@hotmail.com.

If you could post a scan or photo of them here it's likely that somebody would recognize them. There are any number of badge series that can be quite old or meant to appear old, and without at least seeing an image it'd be impossible to tell what you have. You can either link a web posting directly into the text of one of these posts or attach a file in editing. smile.gif

By the way, if what you have are from the 50's & 60's the badge with the "W" is likely a Willys badge.

Kansteach...Welcome to the AACA Forum.

As Dave suggested, try to scan them for members to see.

Just a suggestion...you could donate them in your name to the AACA Museum for future generations to see. Please contact me if you desire to go this route.

Regards, Peter J.

Guest Indiana_Truck

My first thought was they could be for a Boyce Moto Meter because of the size and shape but the two holes don't sound right for that. A picture is worth a thousand guesses.

Bob

Welcome to the Group, Kansteach!

From your description, the emblems are from the fifties, and came free in cereal boxes. As I recall, they are as you describe, with a 1/8" turned-down side and a circumferential rolled edge. Anything is collectable. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I still have mine somewhere in the attic. cool.gif