1933 dodge

I`m looking at what is being represented as a 1933 dodge pickup.Is there anyone out there that is familiar with the 33to 1935 1/2 trucks that can help me identify the specific model year of this vehicle?

Also I`m interested in parts avaliability. Specificly clutch,transmission and mounts, drive shaft and u joints.

Seat,steering colum,windshield frame and bracketry,windshield wiper moror,and the sheetmetal panel that covers it.

Head lite lenses,reflectors and bulbholders,Wheels.

Hello 33,

Do you have any serial nos or engine nos?

This helps identify & date your vehicle.

They started making changes in late '34 right up to the end in 35.

The early KCs shared alot of body parts with the DP [1933] Dodges.

Hope this helps

Manuel

Manuel,thanks for taking the time to respond. I found an alulminum tag in the engine compartment on the drivers side of the firewall. The only thing that I could make out clearly was a KC stamp mark. What kind of other information would be on this tag? Is any of that information repeated any where else on the truck to indicate a matching engine or frame? Oh, one other thing. Is there a resource that I can consult to enterpret the serial number or any other code that may be on that tag? Thanks,

Hello 33,

I have a KC and am familiar with the nos.

If u look at the engine above the generator up at the top of the block, where the head meets the block, you will find a raised surface where the no is stamped.

This will get us started.

Manuel

Guest imported_RAH

Hello 33,

I also have a '34 KC pickup. If I recall correctly the '33 would have been designated "HC". Actually the "HC" was produced in '33 and '34. The "KC" was a '34 and '35. The cab was changed around April '35 eliminating the 'suicide doors'. The engine numbers, at least in '34 began with T5-xxxx. As Manual states the 'HC' and 'KC' did share parts with the '33 car. I found out the hard way the '34 KC engine and pressure plate and for that matter springs are just different enough from the '34 DR I used to have that these are NOT interchangable. These are, however interchangable with the '33 DP.

According to some production data I found, the starting serial number on HC produced in Detroit was 8,007,301. Those produced in Los Angeles, Ca. began 9,201,001 and those produced in Canada began 8,910,101. The info. on the KC produced in Detroit began 8,023,001. Those in Calif. began 9,202,001 and those produced in Canada began 8,910,401. I hope this helps.

Rodger "Dodger' Hartley