My 307 is Pinging

I have a 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic with a 307, Car is all stock. I use the good gas, 93 Oct. The car has started to ping and someone told me to change the knock sensor. Can anyone tell me where it is? and does that sound like that could be the problem? It has 73,000 miles on it. I'm gonna tune it up this week, Not sure if the original owner ever did a tune up on it. I got it with 62K just over a year ago. Also, the timing is right on.. Thanks.

Guest imported_starfire

FYI, you are just wasting your money buying the 93 octane stuff. My 87 442 with VIN 9 runs just fine on 87.

Yea My 87 442 with the VIN 9 also runs fine on 87 too. But, my 88 Has a pinging problem and seems a little quieter with the higher octane. Not sure if it's a knock sensor or not. But I will be doing a tune up on it and want to find the knock sensor and maybe change it if the tune up doesn't help it any. So any help on the location would be greatly appreciated.. And a pic of one would even be better..

Check timing if it's too advanced it will ping. New plugs might solve the problem also make sure the ERG valve is working properly. It's purpose is to add a little exhaust to the fuel mixture and it actually cools combustion. When they get stuck, it commonly causes spark knock. This is especially true in Buick 3.8L V6 engines.