Electrical headaches

Here I go again...Not too long ago I had posted that my generator light was coming on when at high idle. Now, it is on all the time and the battery is getting 0 charge, if I turn the lights on, it dies. I have replaced the generator, voltage regulator, and belts. I tried 2 generators and got the same thing, and I know that all of those connections are back on correctly. I don't see any connection problems anywhere else either, and it's making me nuts now. Any thoughts?

Check your battery cables for nicks in the insulation that the wire could be corroding from the inside out. This happens occasionally with the wiring in my business. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to figure out a problem when you're looking in the wrong place.

[color:\\"blue\\"]From way back in my youth when most of us had generators and the new fangled technology were alternators, I recall something about having to polarize a newly installed generator.

Unfortunately I do not recall the details, but here is a website that seems to cover some of the basics.

These tests are for 12V generators.

[color:\\"blue\\"]Hope this helps

Thanks Loyd, that link answered a question that had been raised here. I was told by a few people you have to polarize your voltage regulator...glad I didn't try that now. I'll Give that a shot on the generators though, maybe I'll get lucky. grin.gif Thanks again for the info!