1922 Dodge

vsully

I put this on another Forum board but haven't had any response so thought that I would move it to here and hope for better luck.

Hi all:

I'm trying to replace the roof fabric on my 22 DB. I have most of the wood done but have a question. The roof supports that are in my car are 1/4 in. dia. round steel rods. four going from side to side and one from front to rear down the center. Is this correct or should they be wood also ? ? Also when I removed the seat I found a sheet metal plate fastened to the floor under the seat bottom. It has a ID plate attached that had been painted over. I removed the sheet metal to clean up the ID plate and found two access holes about 9in by 15 in. that appear to have had covers of their own at one time. If so were they wood or metal ? ? Oh yes the ID plate is from BUDD bodies in Phill. PA. and the last patent date is 1918.

Any help will be appreciated.

vcs

You say you moved this from another forum. What forum did you move it from. If it was the Dodge Club forum I am very suprised as they are very active in their discussions. You have left several pieces out concerning body style. Are we talking coupe, sedan, touring, screen side or what? If you do not get your answers here i would move it to the Dodge Forum. Just a sugestion

Jan

Jan;

thanks for the reply. I thought that I had put the model in my post but...

anyway it is a three window coupe.

I have tried for a week or more to put a post on the dodge brothers club forum but I keep getting kicked back to this one, AACA, I hav sent emails to "stephen" at the DBC but nothing that he suggest helps. I can read but can't post.

Thanks

vsully