76 rear brake drums *DELETED* *DELETED*

My 1976 parts book shows all A-body cars used 11" drums on the rear. For the Omega (X-body) it shows either 11" or 9.5" drums. Starfires (H-body) used 9.5" drums.

The 76 shop manual indicates Starfires and Omega 1st types used 9.5" rear brakes, all others exc 88 w/heavy duty brakes used 11". Omega 2nd types with 5-speed used 11" drums.

What series car is it? 442 were built on the Cutlass platform. Do you possibly have an Omega that has had 442 badging put on? Or has the rear axle been changed out- some Chevy A-bodies were still using 9.5" drums in the mid-70s.

I've owned the car since 1979 and it was my first car. You mean that my car isn't supossed to have 9.5" brake drums on it! The rearend was never changed out since I've owned it so that means some idiot put a Chev 9.5" brake drum rearend in it ? Why in the world would some idiot do that to me. Are there numbers stamped on the rearend in 76 to help identify the rearend. I know it has 2.73 gears which I was told by GM is because of the 5 speed for highway low rpm's. Thanks for your help !