Starting new chapter near Sioux Falls SD

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I have mentioned before that My wife and I would like to start a chapter near Sioux Falls SD. Up until this time I have always worked weekends so we have put that idea on the back burned. Right now I am contemplating a job switch which could give me Friday to Sunday off. If this comes about I a will get very serious about starting this process. Any info at all would be a great help and is anything available from the BCA for this process. The area I live in would cover NW Iowa Southeast South Dakota, South Western Minnesota, and probably the Northeastern Nebraska. Anyone that lives in or near this area please email me here or at sintid@dtgnet.com. Thanks smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Hi sintid58.....We could get you a list of BCA members that live near you to help get your Chapter started. If that would help, let us know & we'll email it to you. For more info about starting a Chapter look on page 210 in your 2001 Roster issue and read Article VII Chapters. If you don't have a Roster let us know and we will send you that section of the BCA Bylaws. We need all the new Chapters we can get, so we will provide any help we can. Good luck!<P>Mike & Nancy Book<BR>BCA National Office Managers

Hi Sintid, Happy Holidays, and here's the scoop on starting a chapter: Grab your infamous 2000 BCA Roster and turn to page:210, Article VII and page 212, Rules and Regs, if you haven't already read those pages, that's a start. Then next thing to do is to figure out what area you want to cover and send a list of zip codes to Mike and Nancy in the BCA office, they can run you an address list with labels too, probably, that you can use to send letters out to prospective Chapter members with information on when and where you will hold the petition for application for a chapter meeting to get the required signatures. Hope this helps! Yell for more help if you need it. Roberta smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: BUICK RACER ]

Hi,<BR> Sorry no one told you that there is a Chapter Coordinator (that would be me) who will be happy to send you a packet to help you get a new chapter started. It will be helpful for you to have addresses of those who live in the area that you are targeting, then you need to set a date which will be the first meeting. Please send me your mailing address and I will get a packet out to you so that you can get started. Many congratulations on wanting to create a new chapter in your area.<P>Good Luck,<P>Judy Leets, Chapter Coordinator<BR>Buick Club of America

Merry Christmas! Hope you can get a club going.I worked at the L.A.McKean Buick dealership in Sioux Falls 1940-1941 before working for Uncle Sam (WWII)The 42 Buick I drove to Flint the last meet they had there is in the Lee Wintersteen collection near Sioux Falls, Ole Garvick has the nicest 36 Buick around.Was he surprised when I told him I remembered the original owner.That car is only a few miles from where it was sold new.Also,there is a Buick collector in N.W.Iowa He is R.L. Green buicknutnwia@hotmail.com Get those guys,and you will have a nice club going in.Merry Christmas to You Buick Racer You have a nice web going,

Guest sintid58

Judy our address is Sid and Tina Rollings,140 N Poplar Tea SD 57064. I hope this works out. If you wait about a week or so I will know whether or not I am going to change jobs. If I stay in the job I am presently in I won't have time to start this project so I will send you a message. Don't want to waste anyone's time.

Hi Sid,<BR> Will wait to hear from you. I will be happy to help you any way I can. Mike and Nancy Book at the Buick office are also very helpful. You will find that there are a lot of great people in this club who are more than happy to reach out when someone asks for assistance. Do you have any idea how many others in your area are interested in joining a chapter. Can we send out a questionnaire first to see how much interest there actually is? I personally hope we have chapters in every state soon. Talk to you soon<P>Judy

All I can say is: The response to Sid's topic is very impressive! And on Christmas Day -- no less!<P>I think that the BCA is a great organization. I appreciate the effort of our leadership to make it even better. With the upcoming Buick Centennial in Flint and all the effort being invested in this club, the BCA has great things ahead!<P>Brian Laurance, BCA #5168

Guest sintid58

Last summer I went to a large local car show (I had to use a vacation day). I was very surprised by the interest in my cars. I was thinking about getting all the names from the club directory and putting an add in the local papers telling people with an interest in Buicks the date and time of the 1st meeting. Of course all members of the chapter would have to be BCA members but this could be handled at the first meeting with active recuitment for BCA membership at that meeting. My wife and I have been talking about this for some time, but working weekends there is no way to make it work. Hopefully even though the population in this area is not large we could draw from a large area, that would include both Sioux City Ia and Sioux Falls SD. I have been thinking of calling it the Tri State Chapter because of our location to Iowa, Minnesota and South Dakota. I will keep you all posted and thanks for the encouragment. grin.gif" border="0

Guest sintid58

LOOKS LIKE THINGS ARE A GO FOR MY NEW JOB JUDY PLEASE SEND OUT INFO ASAP SO I CAN TRY TO PLAN A MEETING EARLY ENOUGH TO GET SOME THINGS GOING THIS SUMMER grin.gif" border="0

Hi Sintid58.....Glad to hear your job will allow you to start a new chapter! As Judy Leets said, we would love to have a Chapter in every state. We will send you a list of BCA members from your general area with addresses & phone numbers where possible to help you recruit chapter members, and will help with anything else that we can! Please let us know what we can do for you!<P>Mike & Nancy Book<BR>BCA National Office Managers

Guest sintid58

Thank you very much we will be looking for it in the mail. I hope to have the meeting in February but the way time flies we will see. I am sure I will be on asking more questions as time goes on. Hopefully anyone that reads this post that lives within driving distance of Sioux Falls will repsond to this. Remember you don't have to own a Buick just have an interest in preserve them. smile.gif" border="0