series I supercharger pulley

Guest trofeo73

Guest trofeo73

Hello everyone, been a while since I have posted so here goes.

I purchased a 2.7" pulley for my 95 riv, Anyone ever swapped one ou before? I have a crome cold air intake that looks real sharp and helps a great deal. Maybee 30 hp +? The stock pulley is 3.0 " so the reduction is only 10%; I did'nt want to go to small as other factors come into play. blush.gif

Guest tempest68

Goto www.pulleyboys.com and have a look around. I'd contact them with any questions their website cannot answer.

From what I've heard in the GTP community, you definitely need a proper tool to remove the pulleys without damaging the S/C (at least for our application...not sure how different your '95 is vs. my '00)

Guest EDBS0

Based on my 96 Riv experience a special puller is required and it can be a bit of a bear to do. You also use the puller confused.gif to press the new one on. I had a SMALLER 3.4" installed. A 2.7 is dinkey and probably too small without an intercooler. You'll probably require a smaller belt. I used the same belt with my 3.4 and it was close.

Guest Greg Ross

I'm still on the Stock Pulley, ECM PROM is not reprogrammed to the point yet that we can really turn her on. Timing Retard a la S/C is there now but we don't have the Fuel/ Air Charts up-loaded yet.

Is difficult to reprogram when you have to guess at the values. Guess remapping the TCC control to the waste gate did not work & programmer has been flakey. Sent one CD with a ton of ECM information out to someone who thought they could help but never heard back.

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guess remapping the TCC control to the waste gate did not work </div></div> Upside is the supercharger is giving full boost and then Zooom is being managed by Timing retard courtesy of Knock Counts. Odd thing is with the TCC circuit as it stands I have to engage Cruise Control to get power to the Soinoid. Make any sense. Best part is it drives beautifully since you eliminated the antiF... sequence.

Guest trofeo73

The pulley arrived from pulley boys, the pulley is a keyed pulley. The new one looks very similar in size to the stock one, crazy.gifconfused.gif but then again .3 inches smaller in diameter is not much to see i fiqured that would be enough to test any effects without having to modify the fuel system, ecm, ect.

Guest tempest68

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pulley arrived from pulley boys, the pulley is a keyed pulley. The new one looks very similar in size to the stock one, crazy.gifconfused.gif but then again .3 inches smaller in diameter is not much to see i fiqured that would be enough to test any effects without having to modify the fuel system, ecm, ect. </div></div>

I dont know much about your year motor...all I know much about is '97-'03 motors. For us, we can go from stock 3.8" to 3.5" or 3.4" without any other changes required. However a true cold-air intake and removing the stupid U-Bend in the exhaust is very much recommended. Once we drop down to 3.4 or smaller, its suggested to replace our computer with one from DHP (Digital Horse Power). Also at 3.4" with the DHP, we go to one step colder plug.

I havent taken the plung yet. I want to do the Cold Air intake and UBend removal first. Then I'll consider a pulley change.

Guest EDBS0

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I havent taken the plung yet. I want to do the Cold Air intake and UBend removal first. Then I'll consider a pulley change. </div></div>

Do it, you will love it BUT you have to also <span style="font-weight: bold"> [color:\\"red\\"] do a Transmission cooler at the same time! </span>

Guest trofeo73

I have a crome cold air intake on it now, will try and get a pic. It was a noticable increase in power and the sound is very cool. I will try and install the pulley on tommarow.