Don't visit the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America!

Unfortunately, the Board of Directors of the VCCA has just unwisely voted to close it's chat site to all non-members. Those of you who have Chevrolet questions will get a more friendly welcome here, or in Chevytalk.com or classiccar.com. Inliners.org might be helpful, too.

Good luck!

Brassbus,

Your post is not accurate. Non-members can still access the site and are welcome to view all forums except for a few that are restricted to specific

VCCA groups. If you wish to post you need to be an VCCA member.

Please read the details relative to this issue on the VCCA site.

http://vccachat.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=000300;p=1

Peter

Peter-

My post was completely accurate. I said:

" <span style="font-weight: bold">Those of you who have Chevrolet questions </span> will get a more friendly welcome here, or in Chevytalk.com or classiccar.com. Inliners.org might be helpful, too."

The BOD decision is:

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Non-members can read all discussions but not create new topic nor reply to any discussion." </span>

So... Unless you fork over the $30 membership fee, you won't be able to post your questions on the VCCA forum. That is, by any definition, a closed forum.

• 2 months later...

um....I am confused by your post, since I just registered (about 30 minutes ago) with their forum and am not a paying member. They say on the site that you do not have to be a paying member to join the forum.....

Not to mention the fact that I have posted my questions and had them answered by quite a few people. I would have to say at this point, they are more friendly and knowledgable over there....

smile.gif

Denise

Suisun City, CA

• 3 weeks later...

The decision was made within a few days of my first post, and is to take effect sometime in the future. The big cheese in charge of internet club affairs said it's a done deal, and is in the works. Bleed it for all you can now, but be prepared to fork over $30 if you want to continue to ask questions. Or you can ask them here...no charge. smile.gif

Guest greg72monte

Brassbus,

You are very quick to condemn an entire group of people

and an entire car club from what what you read on a website.

I am a member of the VCCA, as well as an AACA member.

Yes, you are probably right about what you stated about the

website being restricted in the future, but as far as I know

no firm date has been set.

Since I have been a VCCA member, I have been welcomed warmly.

The people are great, as well as the AACA people are very welcoming.

So get off your soapbox, and step back and realize that these

club members are real people like you and me.

Even if the decision is wrong, as some may think it is, I will not

abandon the VCCA because of it.

Now let's remember that this is MEMORIAL DAY, and remember the

things that are REALLY important!

greg72monte,

I guess you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Where in any of my posts did I condemn any group of people? And even if I did, there was nothing quick about it, since I have been a member of the VCCA since 1990, and a very early member of the Chatter site. And yes, I did get my information from the VCCA website...and you have no idea what forums on the site I have access to, do you? The date has not been set because the "machinery" to implement it is not up to speed yet.

I'm just stating facts. It sounds like you are the one on the soapbox. Yes, some of the people are welcoming and friendly, and there is also a large group that are not so accommodating. A lot of the members do think it is a wrong decision. I think it was rammed through the annual meeting by one thin skinned individual who took the printed words of a past member way too seriously.

And attaching the emotionalism of Memorial Day to this topic to somehow gain higher moral ground is, well, morally pretty low.

• 2 months later...

New information about the VCCA members only chat site:

The site administrator has reported that the Board of Directors "voted and gave action to restrict the Chat site to members only", and that he will begin making those changes to the site in the Fall.

"75% of the chat site users are not members", according to the minutes of the Board meeting. It looks like a lot of Chevy owners will be left out in the cold this Winter, unless they burn the $30 for membership. frown.gif