Wheels for '82 Rivera

NickTosie

I would like to put some Buick "GS" type wheels on my '82 Rivera to use for driving duties and use the wire wheels for show. I am going to a swap meet this weekend so hopefully I can find a set for a reasonable price. My question is this: Will these wheels work on my Rivera since it is front wheel drive? What bolt pattern wheel do I need? Anything inparticular to look for?

Thank you for the help.

Nick

Front wheel drive vehicle wheels have a different backspacing in relation to the total width than do wheels for a rear wheel drive vehicle. Some of the wheels from a basically current rear wheel drive vehicle that use a front hub architecture instead of an integral brake rotor/wheel bearing unit might also have the correct backspacing in relation to the total rim width. Not sure if the bolt circle and center hole diameter on the wheel are similar to the late model GM wheels, though. Basic late model Buick Century steel wheels are 15" whereas most of the other Regal-size car alloy wheels are 16x6.5".

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Nick,

The front wheel drive riviera's share the same wheel bolt pattern with some rear wheel drive cars, but the offset is wrong. Your tires will stick out too far with rear wheel drive wheels. There were a few different alloy wheel options on Riviera's in the 1980's. Maybe there is a style you would like. I have a set of factory alloys from a 1984 Riviera. If you like, I can send you a picture of my car....so you can see what the 84 wheels look like. I may be interested in selling the wheels. Anyway, good luck.